This Spring/Summer fashion trend is all about the military ( Army or Navy) but I am kinda over already the navy stripes, I have seen too many, so I’ll just focus on my obsession of the month Army Green ( Khaki in French) :).
Inspired by Balmain Spring/Summer 2010
And this editorial from VOGUE Paris
Now stuff the affordable version :
- PARKA ☞ TOPSHOP ☞ $125.00
- TEE-SHIRT ☞ ZARA ☞ $29,99
- VINTAGE BRITISH ARMY JACKET ☞ ETSY ☞ $49.95
- COMBAT BOOTS ☞ STEVE MADDEN ☞ $249.95
- SILK JUMPSUIT ☞ VICTORIA’S SECRET ☞ $108
- SHORT ☞ AMERICAN EAGLE ☞ $34.50
- BULLET NECKLACE ☞ EBAY ☞ $4.95
I have this thing for Leopard print, I always have a piece of clothes or accessory with this fierce Animal Print< so when I looked at this winter collection, I was so happy that the leopard coat was back in trend.
@ Isabelle Marant:
Fall/Winter 09 Isabelle Marant
@ Christian Dior Resort collection 2010:
Dior Resort collection 2010
On a more realistically affordable note , there is this Zara coat
Or on Etsy or ebay you can find some niece and cheap pieces:
And here is below an expert of my personal collection of leopard items…
As I have a NY girlfriend traveling to Paris for the 1st time, I made her a list for a cheap shopping in Paris (at least the cheapest possible as we, Dollars earners, can really afford anything overseas right now). So here is my ideal shopping list from Paris with the addresses on a Google map on where to find it at the end of the post:
1. BEAUTY / PHARMACY
- CREALINE H2O BIODERMA – Best Skin Cleanser, make-up remover – 9 Euros
- MONOI HEI POA – Pure Monoi Oil form Tahiti – 10 Euros
- LIERAC “APAISANCE” Anti-Aging Cream for sensitive skins (Great for winter) – 30 Euros
- VICHY DEODORANT 48 Hours – Spray deodorant no perfume my favorite – 7 Euros
- Note : when in Paris got to the Pharmacy City Pharma, they have the cheapest prices and great selection.
- DEMAK’UP – Extremely softs cotton pads, I am addicted to them – 1.50 Euros
- NAIR CIRE DIVINE au Monoi – Microwave Wax comes in 2 flavors Berries or Monoi – 6 Euros
- CHOCOLAT COEUR DE NOUGAT – Run straight to the chocolate alley, it’s heaven – around 2 Euros
- FOIS GRAS – It’s French tradition for the holidays, and you can get them through US customs (just make sure it is NOT refrigerated ) – 10 Euros
You can buy all this and much more at Monoprix ( it is could be an equivalent of Duane Reade in NYC plus they have clothes too ! )
- DARJEELING – Black Sheer panty with stones – 15 Euros
- PRINCESSE TAM-TAM – Polka dots bra & thong – 39 Euros & 25 Euros
- ETAM – Natalia collection, Garter Belt – 25 Euros
- MONOPRIX – Deep Navy Bra & frou-fou panty – 20 Euros & 10 Euros
Below is a quick set done on Polyvore with some Parisian shopping, all below 100 euros or almost…
Some affordable shopping in Paris by Madame Lolo on Polyvore.com
And here is below, a quick maps of the Parisian Shopping with New Yorker’s stores references:
View Madame Lolo In Paris in a larger map
LOOK CREATED BY M.A.C ARTIST: KARIN STONE
STEP BY STEP …
1. Start out on your clean face. Lightly buff a thin layer of Luna Cream Colour Base all over your skin with a #187 brush. Set it with Gesso eye shadow and a #116 brush – pressing the eye shadow in rather than buffing it.
2. Using Blacktrack Fluid Line and a #266 brush – paint in your eyeliner and brows – don’t be afraid to experiment with painting an expression on.
3. Sculpt your cheek bones with a bit of Concrete or Omega Eye Shadow and paint your lips a daring red.
4. Finally, find a chopstick or something in your house with a small round shape that you can use as a stamp. Scrape some Passionate Eye Shadow onto a small kitchen plate. Mix some Fix+ into the scraped shadow – make it not too watery and then dip your stamping tool into it and go to town with your dots.
There is also other step by step Halloween make up inspiration, avalaible here (Just change the number at the end of the url to have acess to all the pdf , ex :…./looks/print/Halloween1.pdf, …/looks/print/Halloween2.pdf)