Food is America is more a utility than an art, and when the Americans try to go fancy gourmet style, it is a bit of a shock culture for a Frenchie:
(mouse over the images to see the French interpretation)
The Cupcake is to American what Macaron is to French:
Warning: not kosher ! chocolate spotted at WholeFoods, the flavor : BACON !!
Cheese in a spray can – Only in America !
It seems that the iPad got a lot of hate when announced last week, but my bet is, as usual, all the haters gonna love it . Keep in mind that it will be shipped in less than 60 days, hopefully when the iPhone OS 4.0 will be released, as there is an event scheduled in march for the iPhone developers.
- There is (or will be) a camera
- You can use as a phone ( See screenshots from the beta sdk below)
- It is the perfect tool if you are designer and or you have visual job to DISPLAY your work( it will replace your portfolio, your reel if you do videos, etc…)
So stop the hate & get on it …
Here is below some screenshot form the iPad simulator in the iPhone SDK and some link of vector files to get your iPad mockup game on:
Return to Call simulation on iPad
iPad mockup in png - right click save image as if you want the full size png file
From the extremely talented Cocoia, here are the psd file of the iPad icon template:
A very useful for mockups but baaad quality for design in PROD is the tehan+lax Photoshop file:
You can also get the Illustrator CS2 & CS4, Photoshop and PNG files all in one file here. ( Source: 3rd floor lab )
I have this thing for Leopard print, I always have a piece of clothes or accessory with this fierce Animal Print< so when I looked at this winter collection, I was so happy that the leopard coat was back in trend.
@ Isabelle Marant:
Fall/Winter 09 Isabelle Marant
@ Christian Dior Resort collection 2010:
Dior Resort collection 2010
On a more realistically affordable note , there is this Zara coat
Or on Etsy or ebay you can find some niece and cheap pieces:
And here is below an expert of my personal collection of leopard items…
As I have a NY girlfriend traveling to Paris for the 1st time, I made her a list for a cheap shopping in Paris (at least the cheapest possible as we, Dollars earners, can really afford anything overseas right now). So here is my ideal shopping list from Paris with the addresses on a Google map on where to find it at the end of the post:
1. BEAUTY / PHARMACY
- CREALINE H2O BIODERMA – Best Skin Cleanser, make-up remover – 9 Euros
- MONOI HEI POA – Pure Monoi Oil form Tahiti – 10 Euros
- LIERAC “APAISANCE” Anti-Aging Cream for sensitive skins (Great for winter) – 30 Euros
- VICHY DEODORANT 48 Hours – Spray deodorant no perfume my favorite – 7 Euros
- Note : when in Paris got to the Pharmacy City Pharma, they have the cheapest prices and great selection.
- DEMAK’UP – Extremely softs cotton pads, I am addicted to them – 1.50 Euros
- NAIR CIRE DIVINE au Monoi – Microwave Wax comes in 2 flavors Berries or Monoi – 6 Euros
- CHOCOLAT COEUR DE NOUGAT – Run straight to the chocolate alley, it’s heaven – around 2 Euros
- FOIS GRAS – It’s French tradition for the holidays, and you can get them through US customs (just make sure it is NOT refrigerated ) – 10 Euros
You can buy all this and much more at Monoprix ( it is could be an equivalent of Duane Reade in NYC plus they have clothes too ! )
- DARJEELING – Black Sheer panty with stones – 15 Euros
- PRINCESSE TAM-TAM – Polka dots bra & thong – 39 Euros & 25 Euros
- ETAM – Natalia collection, Garter Belt – 25 Euros
- MONOPRIX – Deep Navy Bra & frou-fou panty – 20 Euros & 10 Euros
Below is a quick set done on Polyvore with some Parisian shopping, all below 100 euros or almost…
Some affordable shopping in Paris by Madame Lolo on Polyvore.com
And here is below, a quick maps of the Parisian Shopping with New Yorker’s stores references:
View Madame Lolo In Paris in a larger map
LOOK CREATED BY M.A.C ARTIST: KARIN STONE
STEP BY STEP …
1. Start out on your clean face. Lightly buff a thin layer of Luna Cream Colour Base all over your skin with a #187 brush. Set it with Gesso eye shadow and a #116 brush – pressing the eye shadow in rather than buffing it.
2. Using Blacktrack Fluid Line and a #266 brush – paint in your eyeliner and brows – don’t be afraid to experiment with painting an expression on.
3. Sculpt your cheek bones with a bit of Concrete or Omega Eye Shadow and paint your lips a daring red.
4. Finally, find a chopstick or something in your house with a small round shape that you can use as a stamp. Scrape some Passionate Eye Shadow onto a small kitchen plate. Mix some Fix+ into the scraped shadow – make it not too watery and then dip your stamping tool into it and go to town with your dots.
There is also other step by step Halloween make up inspiration, avalaible here (Just change the number at the end of the url to have acess to all the pdf , ex :…./looks/print/Halloween1.pdf, …/looks/print/Halloween2.pdf)
Even though I have been living in NYC for a while now, and that here you can find anything at anytime , there are still some French stuff that I miss from La France , so every time I go back to Paris here is what I bring back:
1. BIODERMA CREALINE H2O : The best make-up remover and skin cleanser hands down !! All the make-up artists I know are using liters of it especially during Fashion week. It is around 10 Euros for the 500 ml in France, here forgetaboutit …. the cheapest I found were on ebay for $22 plus shipping
2. DEMAK’UP COTTON PADS: they are softer, bigger and stronger than any cotton pads here, and may I add sooo soft.
3. VICHY DEODORANT 48 HOURS: Because I am never gonna wear SECRET :), but the spray version is not available in the US, I don’t know why …
4. FRENCH CIGARETTES: They taste different, and duty free makes them so much cheaper than here in NYC ( at least $10 a pack…), and the European Marlboro Lights have a brown filters, not a white one like here in the States.
Yves Saint Laurent cigs so chic ...
5. MARIAGE FRERES TEA: Even though there is some places where you can find Marco Polo, I still miss some of the flavored tea only availble in France, such as ( irony) American Breakfast … Also I love their Tea Boxes:
So next time you come and visit me in NYC, you know what to bring ….. 🙂
Note: If you would like to know where to shop those items in Paris, and more on affordable shopping In France check this post.
Another downtown NY reference gone this week, after the DKNY mural now the Keith Haring wall on Houston and Bowery is over…
The mural was commissioned by Deitch in 1982 and the new mural will be designed by brazilian graffiti artists Os Gemeos, also courtesy of Deitch…
UPDATE : (also known as too lazy to do a new blog post)
now the mural has changed again just for the time of the big Shepard Fairey “May Day” exhibition at Deitch and I am guessing the Banksy film showing across the street at sunshine theater is a good promo as well. (MUST SEE MOVIE by the way)
And even if I like Shepard Fairey, I absolutely hate this mural, and my favorite part was this just right next to it:
It is a Cohen’s thing, we master the leopard print underwear 🙂
BRUNO New Trailer
The previous Trailer
And for those who missed it…
I just watched the WWDC conference, and OK i Like the new Iphone 3GS but what really made it to me was the macbook pro at $1999, especially when mine just crashed, and had to run disk utility to reboot… and also it now OFFICIAL, AT&T SUCKS ! after the drop calls, the no 3G in nyc, the black spot ( no coverage at all) now, no MMS… Welcome to the American Carriers Land, they are all old, fat in the middle of nowhere and of course then are on Windows…
My dream for today :